Friday / September 24 / 2021
6 tips for YOU to achieve the highest degree of health possible
Why is this important? Well, because although getting to a happy + healthy weight is important, it’s not the destination. Rather, it’s the beginning of you being able to live your longest, healthiest life possible.
Dr. Wayne Scott Andersen defines optimal health as, “the highest degree of health that is possible for you to achieve.” Who doesn’t want that, right? Many factors influence our health and wellbeing each day, one of which is maintaining a healthy weight.
However, achieving optimal health is not just medical self-care and maintaining a healthy weight. Optimal health is about increasing your potential and recognizing your value.
Here are six simple, yet impactful, tips to create optimal health and wellbeing in your life in addition to reaching a healthy weight:
- Love yourself. A healthy mind is just as critical to your overall health as physical fitness. After 19 months of our world living through the COVID-19 pandemic, I think we can all agree that a healthy mindset is key. You have to feel you are important enough to allow yourself to change. Remember to make yourself a priority and celebrate your victories, even the small ones. This will motivate you to continue working toward your goals.
- Be present. When you are present, it’s a GIFT, right? Your mind does not dwell on the unchangeable past or the uncertain future but rather, focuses on the here + now. Living in the moment can help create and sustain meaningful relationships, improve social skills, and opens your life to experience new things.
- Eat healthy foods. I recognize this seems like an obvious one. But, did you know the food you put into your body can impact your mood and energy levels? Having a healthy diet can help you reach and maintain a healthy weight, maintain that happy + healthy weight for life, and reduce the risk of disease.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is nature’s nurse. It plays an important role in your physical health, brain function, and emotional wellbeing. Aim to get between seven to nine hours of sleep each night to allow your body ample time to revitalize. I also highly recommend you have the same bedtime and wake-up time every day (yes, even on weekends). By doing this, you’re training your body and mind to truly rest.
- Manage stress. If you literally laughed out loud reading this one, you’re not alone. Life can feel out of control. Realizing you are in control of your life is the foundation for managing stress. Take charge of your thoughts and emotions by identifying the stressors in your life and utilize coping methods that are healthy and productive.
- Have a support system. I cannot say enough about this. Building connections with others (community!) and having a support system (accountability!) can increase the chances of reaching your goals.
Want more tips like these? If you like healthy tips, inspiration, motivation, and healthy recipes, I’m happy to share. Every Monday, I email by eNewsletter. Simply send me your best email using my contact info and I will add you to the list.